CDR Australia Migration

Migration Skills Assessments

Are you worried about Migration Skills Assessment for Australian Visa? Here are some tips which can help you.

The Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) is for applicants who need a skills assessment as part of their skilled migration visa application to the Department of Home Affairs.

The MSA outcome recognizes if you have the skills and experience needed at the required level to work in Australia in your nominated occupation.

You can only use a successful MSA outcome for your visa application to Home Affairs for migration purposes. The MSA Outcome Letter includes a skilled date which Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) considers you to be the first skilled to work in your nominated occupation. We do not issue anything further.

1. Engineers Australia Membership

a. I am a member of Engineers Australia. I want to apply for my Migration Skills Assessment. What should I do?

You are required to apply online for a Migration Skills Assessment, choosing the pathway relevant to your membership eligibility.

  • If you have Australian Accredited Qualifications, choose the Australian Qualifications pathway.
  • If you have Accord Qualifications, choose the Accord pathway.
  • If you have been through a Stage 1 Assessment, choose the CDR pathway.

Provided this is your first Migration Skills Assessment and you are seeking an assessment in the same engineering category as your membership, this service incurs an Administration Fee as per the EA fee schedule.

If you require additional services (such as assessment of Skilled Employment and/or Ph.D. comparability, etc) the relevant assessment fees will apply.

Please also note that the Engineering Occupation and Category of the Migration Skills Assessment outcome may be different from the Stage 1 assessment outcome.

b. I have gained a successful Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) outcome. How do I become a Member of Engineers Australia?

  • Create an EA ID
  • Confirm your membership type
  • Submit your application for membership
  • Pay the membership fee
  • Get membership confirmation.

2. Before You Apply

I need to assess my engineering qualification for migration purposes. What do I need to do?

The first step is to choose your assessment pathway. Please read the instructions regarding an online application.

You can then log in to myPortal and start lodging your application.

Do I need to provide evidence of my English language competency?

Yes, all applicants applying to have their skills assessed by Engineers Australia are required to provide evidence of their English Language competency.

Which English test results can I provide as part of my skills assessment?

IELTSTM, TOEFL iBT®, and PTE ACADEMIC are the three test results we currently accept.

Please note: TOEFL PBT and Cambridge English tests are currently not accepted.

For PTE, you must send your PTE Academic score through Pearson’s online secure portal to “Engineers Australia” so that we can verify your result. Please refer to Pearson’s website for detailed instructions on how to do it.

What are the accepted scores for my English competency test?

The following table indicates the minimum required scores for each module:

Listening 6 12 50
Reading 6 13 50
Writing 6 21 50
Speaking 6 18 50

Does Engineers Australia accept combined test results?

They may, on a case-by-case basis, accept multiple test results, provided that all the test results are valid at the time of submission of the application, and the required score is reached for each module at least once.

They may accept a combination of multiple TOEFL iBT® or multiple IELTS, but NOT a mixed combination of the two different tests.

For Example:

Providing both test results below would be satisfactory, as long as both tests are valid at the time of submission.

  Listening Reading Writing Speaking
Test 1 13 15 19 20
Test 2 10 14 22 20

How long is my English test result valid for?

From the 1st March 2021, Engineers Australia will be accepting the IELTS, TOEFL iBT, and PTE Academic English test results no more than three years from the test date at the time of receiving your application.

I have limited engineering experience. Can I still apply for an assessment of my Engineering qualification?

Yes, you can still apply. Please note that Work Experience is not a mandatory requirement. It is possible for you to demonstrate your competencies by referring to your undergraduate engineering qualification and the project/work experience elements of your academic study.

Note that you must provide an employer reference letter if you have relevant experience of twelve months or more, or if the work experience provides a basis for a Career Episode.

What does “Fast Track” mean?

If you chose our “Fast Track” service, your application will be expedited and will be assigned to an assessor within the Fast Track timeframe on the EA website.

The current processing time for a Migration Skills Assessment can be found in EA website. You will be able to select the Fast Track service option at the time of your application lodgement or you may submit your Fast Track service request online after the lodgement.

The time frame for receiving an outcome, however, depends solely on the quality of the lodged application. This means that if the application is completely decision-ready, it can be finalized within a few days of being assigned to a case officer. However, if the assessor requires additional documentation, then it is up to you to provide the additional documentation as swiftly as possible. Returning applications are assigned directly to the assessor and do not go into the queue again.

Engineers Australia is not responsible for the length of time to finalize assessments as a result of incorrect or incomplete applications.

What if I have different spelling of my names on different documents?

Generally, Engineers Australia will consider the name appearing on the passport as your official name.

If there are discrepancies in your name across the different documents, or if you are using different spellings of your names, you need to provide an official name change documents, which may include: Marriage Certificate, a Gazette Publication, and an Official Letter/Certificate issued by Registry.

Please note that a Statutory Declaration or Affidavit will not be accepted as an official name change document.

3. Lodging Your Application

a. Can a migration agent create an EA ID on my behalf?

If you already have an EA ID number, a CID number or a membership number you must provide it to your agent. If you do not yet have a number, your agent will be able to create one for you.

b. I already have a CID number or a membership number. Should I apply for a new EA ID number?

No, you should use your existing ID number with Engineers Australia and only apply for a password. You can log into myPortal using your existing ID number and password, and start lodging an online application.

c. I have applied but not yet received an Engineers Australia ID (EA ID). What should I do?

If you have applied online and have not received your EA ID number within 5-7 working days, please email them.

d. Can I add additional services (e.g. Work Experience assessment or a PhD assessment) to an already initiated or lodged application?

If you intend to add the additional services to an initiated but not yet submitted application, you need to cancel the un-submitted application by pressing cancel and start a new application. At the beginning of any new application, you can select the type of service you require and can add the additional services to your new application at this point.

4. During Your Assessment

a. What if my assessor needs more documents?

Firstly, please make sure you have provided all the requested documents listed on our MSA Booklet in your application. A decision will be made based on the provided information and documents. There may be no further correspondence if there are any shortcomings.

In the case of your assessor needing more information or documents, a request for additional information will be sent to you through MyPortal, which allows one month for you to address the shortcomings. You will find the details of your assessor’s requests by clicking on “Provide Additional Information” and provide the additional information and documents accordingly. A decision on your application will be made, based on all the information and documents submitted, including the additional information and documents.

5. After Your Assessment

a. How does the online verification system work?

Third parties including the DIBP can have visibility of your outcome by filling in the required fields on the outcome verification page.

Third parties will be able to see your assessment date, granted occupational category, and a copy of your outcome letter. DIBP case officers have access to additional information regarding your application through their password-protected access.

b. How long is the assessment letter valid for migration purposes? Do I need a Duplicate Letter?

Whilst the assessment outcome will remain valid indefinitely for Engineers Australia, our understanding is that DIBP mandates that the assessment notification be no more than three years old at the date of migration application. If you require an updated letter of assessment after this time, please contact our Member Service Team.

In Conclusion, Why choose Us?

We provide CDR assistance, and we have helped a lot of people. We have a team of top engineers and language professionals on hand that can develop an original and attractive CDR report. We also give engineering students the necessary advice for completing a flawless CDR report. We offer a technical and competent report writing service, and we also provide the best CDR sample for several branches at a low cost.

We are here to assist you. Therefore it is the greatest and easiest option to stop worrying about creating a CDR report. In the Australian migration procedure, the CDR report is essential. Engineers will benefit from our CDR writing services. People trust us because we are well-known and trustworthy, having been in business for many years. We have the best CDR writers on our team because of our many years of experience.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Scroll to Top