ICT Systems Test Engineer ANZSCO 263213 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
ICT Systems Test Engineer Job Details
ICT Systems Test Engineer anzsco 263213 specifies, designs and writes test plans and test scripts, generates test cases, conducts regression testing, and uses automatic test program programs to test the behavior, reliability and integrity of processes, and record test results in defect reports and related documents.
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
1. Systems Tester
2. Test Analyst (ICT)
Occupation list information
Candidates for ICT Systems Test Engineer can apply for Skilled Nominated 190 visa or Skilled Regional Nominated 489 visa that features the Short-term skilled occupation (STSOL) list. If you are working in this occupation and you want to qualify for a General Skilled Migration visa, you would be forced to apply for a state appointment in order to travel to Australia.
Although this occupation is listed on the STSOL, there is also a chance that no country actually has a market for people in that profession. The online assessment only lists occupations that are actually being requested by a state or territory in Australia, so if the occupation does not appear on the online assessment, you can consider finding an employer sponsor in Australia.
Unit Group: 2632 ICT Support and Test Engineers
Occupations in this Category
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What do ICT Systems Test Engineers do?
Manage and implement procedures and techniques to help, develop, manage and maintain technical quality assurance mechanisms and applications networks. They fix problems that can occur on the operating machine, such as desktops, storage systems, printers and other peripherals.
1. Developing and performing quality audit inspections and evaluating and reviewing processes, data and documents
2. Identifying patterns and possible high risk areas to ensure conformity with standards and procedures
3. Recommend corrective action measures and strengthen the settlement of non-compliance with requirements found by tracking and auditing processes and procedures
4. Communication, education and liaison with consumers and management to ensure awareness and conformity to guidelines, protocols and quality control concerns and activities
5. Developing, conducting and delivering professional advice and instruction in application software and operating procedures
6. Analyzing, assessing and diagnosing technological difficulties and concerns such as implementation, servicing, repair, update and configuration and troubleshooting desktops, software, hardware, printers, Internet, email, databases, operating systems and protection systems
7. Testing, identifying and diagnosing system malfunctions and programming code under defined testing procedures, guidelines and quality requirements to ensure that systems perform requirements
8. Performing evaluations and analyses of corporate infrastructure design and proposing existing and prospective hardware and technological solutions and guidance;
9. Developing and updating technical documents such as procedural, educational and operating guides and manuals, technical notes and specifications, and maintenance inventory systems
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
Where compulsory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English that is either adequate to satisfy the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.
• Business Process Re-engineering
• Computer Audit
• ICT Security
• Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
• Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
• Risk Management
• Software Engineering
• Software validation – (Software Testing)
• Testing strategies and methods
• Computer forensics
• Computer Science
• Data communications – (WAN, LAN)
• Database design
• Database implementation
• Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database)
• Digital communication
• Information security – (Data security)
• Internet forensics
• Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
• Introduction to Information Systems
• Network architecture
• Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
• Software architecture