Software Engineer ANZSCO 261313 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
Software Engineer Job Details
Software Engineer designs, designs, modifies, records, checks, applies, integrates and maintains software applications and systems.
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
1. Software Architect
2. Software Designer
1. Computer Applications Engineer
2. Database Designer
3. Systems Architect
Occupation list information
|Occupation on the skill list||Occupation not on the skill list|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)||Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Candidates for Software Engineer programmer can apply for any visa under the General Skilled Migration Program as this occupation features on the occupation skill list MLTSSL among the popular demands.
Visa in this category in this occupation includes
1. Skilled Independent 189
2. Skilled Nominated 190
3. Skilled Regional Nominated 489
4. Skilled Regional Sponsored 489
There is an opportunity of applying under employer-sponsored visa if you have a firm offer of employment.
Unit Group: 2613 Software and Application Programmers
Occupations in this Category
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What do Software Engineers do?
Create software products, build video games, and operate network control systems using a variety of engineering and programming skills. They run the entire life cycle of software development (SDLC) and prepare documents to define specifications and strategies and create flowcharts, templates for smooth running.
1. System program testing, consultancy, interpretation and assessment needs
2. Identifying technical shortcomings and weaknesses in current systems and related mechanisms, techniques and approaches
3. Checking, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and defects in the programming language of software under specified testing procedures, requirements and consistency criteria to ensure that programs and applications comply with the specifications.
4. Writing and maintaining software code to satisfy system criteria, system architecture and technical specifications in keeping with consistency accredited standards
5. Writing, upgrading and maintenance of technical systems, end-user documents and operating procedures
6. Provide recommendations, feedback and experience on designing plans and methods for software design operations, such as financial estimation and costing for software acquisitions and enhancements.
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
- In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
- Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
- Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
Where compulsory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English that is either adequate to satisfy the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.
1. Algorithm design and development
3. Data structures
4. Formal languages
5. Programming (application and/or system)
6. Operating systems
7. Software Engineering
8. Testing strategies and methods
1. Artificial intelligence
2. Automata theory
3. Business Information Systems
4. Business Process Reengineering
5. Computer Science
6. Database design
7. Database implementation
9. Human-Computer Interaction
10. Introduction to BIS
11. Introduction to ICT
12. Management Information Systems
13 Object-oriented technologies
14. Project Management
15. Quality management
16. Requirements gathering
17. Software validation
18. System Design
19. Systems Analysis
20. Web engineering