Software Tester ANZSCO 261314 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
Get Free Sample
Software Tester ANZSCO Job Details
Software Tester anzsco 261314 specifies, designs and writes test plans and test scripts, creates test cases, conducts regression testing, and uses automatic test software programs to test the behavior, functionality and credibility of computer software, and record test findings in fault reports and associated documents.
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Specialization: Software Tester
Occupation list information
Candidates for Software Tester can apply for Skilled Nominated 190 visa or Skilled Regional Nominated 489 visa that features the Short-term skilled occupation (STSOL) list. If you are working in this occupation and you want to qualify for a General Skilled Migration visa, you would be forced to apply for a state appointment in order to travel to Australia.
Although this occupation is listed on the STSOL, there is also a chance that no country actually has a market for people in that profession. The online assessment only lists occupations that are actually being requested by a state or territory in Australia, so if the occupation does not appear on the online assessment, you can consider finding an employer sponsor in Australia.
Unit Group: 2613 Software and Application Programmers
Occupations in this Category
1. 261311 Analyst Programmer
2. 261312 Developer Programmer
3. 261313 Software Engineer
4. 261314 Software Tester
5. 261399 Software and Applications Programmers (NEC)
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What does a Software Tester do?
Software Testers run framework, integration, and regression for testing to detect faults and problems. As a result, the software tester will identify bugs in the software product/project. Software tester design projects, program displays and software frameworks.
1. Researching, consulting, measuring and evaluating system program requirements.
2. Identifying technology shortcomings and deficiencies in current systems and related mechanisms, techniques and methods
3. Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language under specified evaluation procedures, requirements and consistency requirements to ensure that programs and applications comply with the specifications.
4. Writing and maintaining software code to satisfy system criteria, system architecture and technical specifications in compliance with consistency accredited standards
5. Writing, modifying and managing the technical program, end-user documentation and operational procedures
6. Provide recommendations, feedback and experience on designing ideas and plans for program design operations, such as financial estimation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
• In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
• Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
• Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
Where compulsory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English that is either adequate to satisfy the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.
1. Algorithm design and development
2. Compilers – (Compiler Construction, Compiler Theory)
3. Data structures
4. Formal languages – (Formal Methods, Functional Programming)
5. Object-Oriented Programming
6. Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
7. Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
8. Software Engineering
9. Testing strategies and methods – (Software Testing)
1. Artificial intelligence
2. Automata theory
3. Business Information Systems
4. Computer Science
5. Critical Path Method
6. Database design or Database implementation
7. Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database, RDBMS)
8. Expert Systems
9. File Processing
10. Human-Computer Interaction
11. Information Systems
12. Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
13. Introduction to Information Systems
14. Information Systems
15. Object-Oriented System Design
16. Object-Oriented Systems Analysis
17. Object-oriented technologies
18. Project Management
19. Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
20. Requirements gathering
21. Software validation – (Software Testing)
Structure of languages
22. Systems Analysis or System Design
23. Systems Programming
24. User Requirements Definition
25. Web Engineering – (Web Design, Internet Engineering)
Get connected with us