Developer Programmer ANZSCO 261312 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
Developer Programmer Job Details
Developer Programmer anzsco 261312 interprets requirements, architectural prototypes and flow maps, creates, manages and modifies the code for software applications, constructs technical specifications from a business operating model and checks and writes technical documents.
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
1. Applications Developer
2. ICT Developer
3. ICT Programmer
1. Communications Programmer (Systems)
2. Database Developer
3.Database Programmer (Systems)
4. Network Programmer
5. Software Developer
Occupation list information
|Occupation on the skill list||Occupation not on the skill list|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)||Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Candidates for Developer Programer can apply for any visa under the General Skilled Migration Program as this occupation features on the occupation skill list MLTSSL among the popular demands.
Visa in this category in this occupation includes
1. Skilled Independent 189
2. Skilled Nominated 190
3. Skilled Regional Nominated 489
4. Skilled Regional Sponsored 489
There is an opportunity of applying under employer-sponsored visa if you have a firm offer of employment. There is no regional restriction for 457 visa applications for this occupation.
Unit Group: 2613 Software and Applications Programmers
Occupations in this Category
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What does a Developer Programmer do?
Developer Programmer Create, test and update the computer programs. They also work as part of a team to determine the demands of the computer users, to find approaches to fulfill these expectations, and to convert these ideas into a series of instructions – programs – that a computer will comprehend. Developer Programmer Write and manage computer code in order to satisfy system specifications, system designs and technical criteria as per quality expectations, developer programmers. They also build, validate and review program implementations.
1. System program testing, consultancy, interpretation and assessment needs
2. Identifying technical shortcomings and weaknesses in current systems and related mechanisms, techniques and approaches
3. Checking, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and defects in the programming language of software under specified testing procedures, requirements and consistency criteria to ensure that programs and applications comply with the specifications.
4. Writing and maintaining software code to satisfy system criteria, system architecture and technical specifications in keeping with consistency accredited standards
5. Writing, upgrading and maintenance of technical systems, end-user documents and operating procedures
6. Provide recommendations, feedback and experience on designing plans and methods for software design operations, such as financial estimation and costing for software acquisitions and enhancements.
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
• Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
• Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
Where compulsory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English that is either adequate to satisfy the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.2
1. Algorithm design and development
2. Compilers – (Compiler Construction, Compiler Theory)
3. Data structures
4. Formal languages – (Formal Methods, Functional Programming)
5. Object Oriented Programming
6. Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
1. Artificial intelligence
2. Automata theory
3. Business Information Systems
4. Computer Science
5. Critical Path Method
6 Database design or Database implementation
7. Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database, RDBMS)
8. Expert Systems
9. File Processing
10. Human Computer Interaction
11. Information Systems
12. Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
13. Introduction to Information Systems
14. Information Systems
15 Object Oriented System Design
16. Object Oriented Systems Analysis
17. Object oriented technologies
18. Project Management
19. Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
20. Requirements gathering
21. Software validation – (Software Testing)
Structure of languages
22. Systems Analysis or System Design
23. User Requirements Definition
24. Web Engineering – (Web Design, Internet Engineering)