ICT Support Engineer ANZSCO 263212 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
Get Free Sample
ICT Support Engineer ANZSCO Job Details
ICT Support Engineer anzsco 263211 develop support protocols and techniques for the implementation of structures, networks, operating systems and software, solve challenges and provide technological expertise and feedback to support system infrastructure and process change, and diagnose and resolve complex system problems.
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
1. Support Analyst
2. Support Architect
Occupation list information
Candidates for ICT Support Engineer can apply for Skilled Nominated 190 visa or Skilled Regional Nominated 489 visa that features the Short-term skilled occupation (STSOL) list. If you are working in this occupation and you want to qualify for a General Skilled Migration visa, you would be forced to apply for a state appointment in order to travel to Australia.
Although this occupation is listed on the STSOL, there is also a chance that no country actually has a market for people in that profession. The online assessment only lists occupations that are actually being requested by a state or territory in Australia, so if the occupation does not appear on the online assessment, you can consider finding an employer sponsor in Australia.
Unit Group: 2632 ICT Support and Test Engineers
Occupations in this Category
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What do ICT Support Engineers do?
Develop protocols and techniques to help, develop, sustain and operate technical quality assurance programs and applications resources, evaluate, analyze and address system and performance problems, and test the behavior, reliability and integrity of systems.
1. Developing and performing quality audit inspections and evaluating and reviewing processes, data and documents
2. Identifying patterns and possible high-risk areas to ensure conformity with standards and procedures
3. Recommend corrective action measures and strengthen the settlement of non-compliance with requirements found by tracking and auditing processes and procedures
4. Communication, education and liaison with consumers and management to ensure awareness and conformity to guidelines, protocols and quality control concerns and activities
5. Developing, conducting and delivering professional advice and instruction in application software and operating procedures
6. Analyzing, assessing and diagnosing technological difficulties and concerns such as implementation, servicing, repair, update and configuration and troubleshooting desktops, software, hardware, printers, Internet, email, databases, operating systems and protection systems
7. Testing, identifying and diagnosing system malfunctions and programming code under defined testing procedures, guidelines and quality requirements to ensure that systems perform requirements
8. Performing evaluations and analyses of corporate infrastructure design and proposing existing and prospective hardware and technological solutions and guidance;
9. Developing and updating technical documents such as procedural, educational and operating guides and manuals, technical notes and specifications, and maintenance inventory systems
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
• In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
• Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
• Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
Where compulsory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English that is either adequate to satisfy the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.
1. Algorithm design and development
2. Compilers – (Compiler Construction, Compiler Theory)
3. Data structures
4. Formal languages – (Formal Methods, Functional Programming)
5. Object-Oriented Programming
6. Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
7. Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
8. Software Engineering
9. Testing strategies and methods – (Software Testing)
• Computer forensics
• Computer Science
• Data communications – (WAN, LAN)
• Database design
• Database implementation
• Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database)
• Digital communication
• Information security – (Data security)
• Internet forensics
• Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
• Introduction to Information Systems
• Network architecture
• Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
• Software architecture
Get connected with us