Multimedia Specialist ANZSCO 261211 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
Multimedia Specialist Job Details
Multimedia Specialist ANZSCO 261211 creates computer animation, music, video, and graphic image files for multimedia presentations, games, motion pictures, CD-ROMs, information kiosks, and the web, and design, build, and operate websites and web apps using web programming, scripting, authoring, content management, and file transfer tools.
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
1. Multimedia Developer
2. Multimedia Programmer
Occupation list information
|Occupation on the skill list||Occupation not on the skill list|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)||Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Candidates for Multimedia Specialist can apply for any visa under the General Skilled Migration Program as this occupation features on the occupation skill list MLTSSL among the popular demands.
Visa in this category in this occupation includes
1. Skilled Independent 189
2. Skilled Nominated 190
3. Skilled Regional Nominated 489
4. Skilled Regional Sponsored 489
There is an opportunity of applying under employer-sponsored visa if you have a firm offer of employment.
Unit Group 2612 Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers
Occupations in this Category
1. 261211 Multimedia Specialist
2. 261212 Web Developer
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What does a Multimedia Specialist do?
Multimedia Specialists create computer animation, music, video, and graphic image files for multimedia presentations, games, motion pictures, CD-ROMs, information kiosks, and the internet, and design, produce, and maintain websites and web apps using web programming, scripting, publishing, content management, and file transfer tools.
1. Analyzing, designing, and developing websites using a combination of artistry and imagination with software programming and scripting languages and communicating with operating environments
2. Designing and developing visual animations, pictures, displays, games, audio and video recordings, and Internet apps using multimedia technologies, tools, utilities, interactive graphics, and programming languages.
3. Communication with network specialists on web-related matters, such as security and website hosting, monitoring and compliance of Internet and web server security, capacity allocation, user access, business continuity, data backup, and disaster recovery planning.
4. Assisting in the research, interpretation, and improvement of Internet techniques, web-based methodologies, and development plans
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
- In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
- Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
- Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
Where compulsory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English that is either adequate to satisfy the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.
1. Computer Graphics & Animation – (2D Computer graphics, 3D Computer graphics, 2D Animation, 3D Animation)
2. Human-Computer Interaction – (Interface Design)
3. Image and media data manipulation – (Developing Interactive Media, Multimedia Authoring, Games Design)
4. Operating Systems (e.g. iOS, Android, Linux, Unix)
5. Programming (e.g. Internet Programming, C++, Java, Objective C, AS3, Games Programming)
6. Web Systems Design – (Interactive System Design)
7. WWW and the Internet – (Web Technologies, Web Engineering, XML and Web Services, Web Authoring, Web Applications Development, Multimedia & the Internet).
1. Algorithm design and development
2. Information Security
3. Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
4. Introduction to Multimedia
5. Mobile Devices
6. Object-Oriented System Design
7. Object-Oriented Systems Analysis
8. Object-oriented technologies
9. Project – (if the project is a Multimedia / Web project)
10. Requirements gathering
11. Software Engineering
12. Systems Analysis
13. Systems Design
14. Testing strategies and methods