Web Developer ANZSCO 261212 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
Get Free Sample
Web Developer Job Details
Web Developer ANZSCO 261212 plans, develops and manages websites using web programming languages, software applications, technology and databases, along with user specification, often in collaboration with other ICT Experts such as Business Analyst, Web Designers and Network and Accessibility Specialists.
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Alternative Titles: Web Programmer
Occupation list information
|Occupation on the skill list||Occupation not on the skill list|
|Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|RSMS Occupations List (RSMSL)||Skilled Occupations List
Candidates for Web Developer cannot apply for a visa under the General Skilled Migration Program as this occupation does not feature on the occupation skill list MLTSSL among the popular demands.
Although there are no routes for this profession under any Australian qualified visas, you may need to explore alternate routes of travel to Australia. If you are under 31 years of age, you are likely to be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa to Australia, which would allow you to live and work in Australia for up to two years. Alternatively, whether your partner or spouse has experience or is employed in one of the applications currently on MLTSSL or STSOL, you may prefer to consider using them as the primary applicant.
Unit Group 2612 Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers
Occupations in this Category
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What do Web Developers do?
Works together with web designers and programmers to produce the product as per consumer requirements. They establish contact with other subordinates and ensure that the mission is accomplished within a given timeframe. Their functions are to study new software systems, manage software documents and execute backup plans if the website/system goes down.
1. Analyzing, developing and creating websites using a combination of artistry and imagination with automated development and scripting languages and communicating with operating environments
2. Designing and developing visual animations, images, presentations, games, audio and video recordings, and Internet apps using multimedia technologies, tools and utilities, immersive graphics and programming languages
3. Communicating with network experts on web-related matters, such as security and website management, monitoring and compliance of Internet and web server availability, capacity allocation, user access, business continuity, data backup and disaster recovery planning.
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
• In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
• Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
• Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
Where compulsory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English that is either adequate to satisfy the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.
1. Computer Graphics & Animation – (2D Computer graphics, 3D Computer graphics, 2D Animation, 3D Animation)
2. Human-Computer Interaction – (Interface Design)
3. Image and media data manipulation – (Developing Interactive Media, Multimedia Authoring, Games Design)
4. Operating Systems (e.g. iOS, Android, Linux, Unix)
5. Programming (e.g. Internet Programming, C++, Java, Objective C, AS3, Games Programming)
6. Web Systems Design – (Interactive System Design)
7. WWW and the Internet – (Web Technologies, Web Engineering, XML and Web Services, Web Authoring, Web Applications Development, Multimedia & the Internet).
1. Algorithm design and development
2. Information Security
3. Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
4. Introduction to Multimedia
5. Mobile Devices
6. Object-Oriented System Design
7. Object-Oriented Systems Analysis
8. Object-oriented technologies
9. Project – (if the project is a Multimedia / Web project)
10. Requirements gathering
11. Software Engineering
12. Systems Analysis
13. Systems Design
14. Testing strategies and methods
Get connected with us