ICT Project Manager ANZSCO 135112 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
ICT Project Manager Job Details
ICT Project Manager anzsco plans, organizes, guides, monitors and coordinates quality ICT initiatives. Responsible for day-to-day resourcing, preparation, prioritization and mission coordination activities and achieving project goals, targets and deliverables within agreed timeframes and budgets.
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Specialization: ICT Development Manager
Occupation list information
Candidates for ICT Project Managers can apply for Skilled Nominated 190 visa or Skilled Regional Nominated 489 visa that features the Short-term skilled occupation (STSOL) list. If you are working in this occupation and you want to qualify for a General Skilled Migration visa, you would be forced to apply for a state appointment in order to travel to Australia.
Although this occupation is listed on the STSOL, there is also a chance that no country actually has a market for people in that profession. The online assessment only lists occupations that are actually being requested by a state or territory in Australia, so if the occupation does not appear on the online assessment, you can consider finding an employer sponsor in Australia.
Unit Group: 1351 ICT Managers
Occupations in this Category
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What do ICT Project Managers do?
Plan, organize and handle a variety of operations, such as timeline creation, budgeting and assigning tasks to IT or telecommunications projects. They collaborate together with team mates and stakeholders to ensure that the right tools and staff are available to conduct the activities of the project
1. Analyzing information demands and specifying technologies to satisfy those requirements
2. Formulation and Direction of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) methods, policies and plans
3. Directing the collection and implementation of ICT tools and training of users
4. Directing ICT operations and setting goals between system growth, maintenance and activity
5. Overseeing the integrity of ICT devices
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
- In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
- Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
- Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
• Business Information Systems
• Business Intelligence
• Business Process Re-engineering
• Business System planning
• Critical Path Method
• Enterprise Architecture – (Enterprise Resource Management, Emerging Technologies)
• ICT Management
• ICT Strategy
• Information System Risk Management
• Information System Security
• Information Systems Management
• Management Information Systems
• Project Management
• Project Planning
• System Integration
• Systems Acquisition – (eg: Resource Management)
• Algorithm design (Algorithm development)
• Artificial intelligence
• Automata theory
• Computer Science
• Database design
• Database implementation
• Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database)
• Expert Systems
• File Processing
• Human Computer
• Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
• Introduction to Information Systems
• Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
• Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
• Software Engineering
• Software validation – (Software Testing, Testing strategies and methods)
• Web Engineering – (Web Design, Internet Engineering)