Computer Network and System Engineer ANZSCO 263111 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
Get Free Sample
Computer Network and System Engineer Job Details
Computer Network and System Engineer 263111 Plans, designs, deploys, monitors and optimizes network and system services, takes responsibility for configuration maintenance and general operational readiness of network applications, in specific settings with various operating systems and configurations, and delivers network troubleshooting and error-finding services.
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
1. Computer Network Engineer
2. Computer Systems Integrator
Occupation list information
|Occupation on the skill list||Occupation not on the skill list|
|Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)||Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)|
|Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
Candidates for Computer Network and system Engineer can apply for any visa under the General Skilled Migration Program as this occupation features on the occupation skill list MLTSSL among the popular demands.
Visa in this category in this occupation includes
1. Skilled Independent 189
2. Skilled Nominated 190
3. Skilled Regional Nominated 489
4. Skilled Regional Sponsored 489
There is an opportunity of applying under employer-sponsored visa if you have a firm offer of employment.
Unit Group: 2613 Software and Application Programmers
Occupations in this Category
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What do Computer Network and System Engineers do?
Design, develop, test, maintain and document program code according to the client requirements along with the system and technical specifications.
1. Analyzing, designing, interpreting and reviewing complex system design and architecture specification, data models and diagrams for the creation, configuration and integration of computer systems
2. Research, review, evaluate and test network infrastructure to ensure that networks are designed to run at optimum efficiency
3. Evaluating and proposing enhancements to network operations and interconnected hardware, applications, communications and operating systems
4. Providing advanced expertise to support and address network issues and emergencies
5. Installing, configuring, checking, retaining and handling new and updated networks, software database systems, servers
6. Provide network programming to support unique market demands and specifications
7. Preparation and management of network inventory procedures and documents, and identification and resolution of network defects, network upgrades and improvements, and maintenance guidance
8. Monitoring network traffic and activity, capacity and use to ensure continued integrity and optimum network efficiency
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
• In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
• Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
• Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
Where compulsory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English that is either adequate to satisfy the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.
1. Computer Communication
2. Computer Network Design
3. Computer Network management
4. Computer Network programming
5. Computer Network protocols
6. Data communications – (WAN, LAN)
7. Mobile technologies
8. Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
9. Wireless technologies – (Wireless Communication, Microwave Communication)
1. Assembler Languages – (Assembler Programming)
2. Client / Server related hardware and software
3. Computer Architecture
4. Computer Logic Design
5. Computer organization
6. Digital and signal processing
7. Digital circuits – (VLSI Design, Integrated Circuit Design)
8. Digital technology
9. Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
11. Microwave technology
12. Network Component technologies
13. Network security
14. Optical communication technology
15. Peripherals and Interfacing
16. Project Management
17. Satellite communications
Get connected with us