Materials Engineer (ANZSCO 233112) Immigration to Australia PR Visa
MATERIALS ENGINEER - ANZSCO 233112
Investigates the properties of metals, ceramics, polymers and other materials and assesses and develops their engineering and commercial applications. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 1
Australian visa options for Materials Engineer - ANZSCO 233112
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||186 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Materials Engineer||233112||Engineers Australia|
|Visa processing times-months(75%)||9||9||-||10||17|
|Visa processing times-months(90%)||12||12||-||15||19|
21/02/2018 Round Results:
|09/05/2019 (current)||189 Visa||489 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Number of total invitations||100||10|
|Visa date of effect||22/03/2019 4:31 pm||28/04/2019 1:45 am
|07/02/2018 (Previous)||189 Visa||489 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
|Visa date of effect||15/03/2019 9:40 am||12/10/2018 6:31 AM|
|Unofficial Results||189 Visa||489 Visa (Provisional) (Family Sponsored)|
Occupation Ceiling for Telecommunications Field Engineer - ANZSCO 313212:
Results : 155/ 1000(Available: 845) (Ceiling Value) [15.50% Filled]
State and territory nominated visas is not subject to occupational ceiling limitations
Materials Engineer Job Description, Duties and Education Requirements
UNIT GROUP 2331 CHEMICAL AND MATERIALS ENGINEERS
Chemical and Materials Engineers design and prepare specifications for chemical process systems and the construction and operation of commercial-scale chemical plants, supervise industrial processing and fabrication of products undergoing physical and chemical change, and investigate the properties of metals, ceramics, polymers and other materials and assess and develop their engineering and commercial applications.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required
- Preparing designs for chemical process systems and planning control systems for processes such as those used to remove and separate components, effect chemical changes, test and evaluate fuels, transfer heat, and control the storing and handling of solids, liquids and gases.
- Monitoring the operation and maintenance of equipment to achieve maximum efficiency under safe operating conditions.
- Ensuring correct materials and equipment are used and that they conform to specifications.
- Diagnosing malfunctions in chemical plants and instituting remedial action studying product utilization and pollution control problems.
- Studying product utilization and pollution control problems.
- Reviewing plans for new products and submitting material selection recommendations in accordance with design specifications and factors such as strength, weight and cost.
- Planning and implementing laboratory operations to develop new materials and fabrication procedures for new materials to fulfill production cost and performance standards.
- Conferring with producers of materials, such as metals, ceramics, polymers, cements and elastomers, during the investigation and evaluation of materials suitable for specific product applications.
- Reviewing product failure data and implementing laboratory tests to establish or reject possible causes, and advising on ways to overcome any problems.
Sponsorship options for Engineering Manager - ANZSCO 133211
|NT||For applicants who are able to provide evidence of positive employment prospects||NT||For applicants who are able to provide evidence of positive employment prospects|
|NT||For Graduates in the NT||NT||For Graduates in the NT|
|NT||For applicants who have strong family connections||NT||For applicants who have strong family connections|
|NT||For applicants who meet the NT residency and work requirements (including 485, 417, 462 and 457 visas Holders)||NT||For applicants who meet the NT residency and work requirements (including 485, 417, 462 and 457 visas Holders)|
|SA||List current as of 05/03/2018||SA||List current as of 05/03/2018|
|SA||Available to South Australian international graduates, OR applicants have worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia, OR have eighty points or higher (including state nomination points). ||SA||Available to South Australian international graduates, OR applicants have worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia, OR have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia OR have eighty points or higher (including state nomination points).
|VIC||For Graduates in Victoria:||VIC||For Graduates in Victoria:
|WA||Avaliable to applicants who have completed a Bachelor and other higher degree graduates (ie Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma) in Western Australia||WA||Avaliable to applicants who have completed a Bachelor and other higher degree graduates (ie Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma) in Western Australia
|WA||Avaliable to applicants who have completed a Masters Degree or PhD in Western Australia||WA||Avaliable to applicants who have completed a Masters Degree or PhD in Western Australia
|Far South Coast
|Mid North Coast
|QLD||For applicants currently working in Queensland:||QLD||
|QLD|| For PhD Graduates in Queensland:||QLD||For PhD Graduates in Queensland:
|TAS||Nomination Criteria: |
Processing Time: 20 working days
Sponsorship Fee: Nill
Processing Time: 20 working days
Sponsorship Fee: Nill
Eligible Postcodes: Entire territory (including Hobart, Launceston, Devonpor, Burnie, Kingston, Ulverstone, Wynyard, George Town and Sorell)
489 Relative Sponsorship
|NSW||Post areas 2311-2312, 2328-2333, 2336-2490, 2535-2551, 2575-2739, 2787-2898 (anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)|
|QLD-||Postcode areas 4019-4028, 4037-4050, 4079-4100, 4114, 4118, 4124-4150, 4158-4168, 4180-4899 (anywhere except Brisbane metropolitan area)|