ICT Support and Test Engineers (NEC) ANZSCO 263299 Immigration to Australia PR Visa
Get Free Sample
ICT Support and Test Engineers (NEC) ANZSCO Job Details
ICT Support and Test Engineers anzsco 263299 establish protocols and techniques to help, develop, sustain and manage technical quality assurance mechanisms and systems resources, evaluate, analyze and solve system problems and performance problems, and test the behavior, functionality and integrity of programs
Skill Level: Level 1 or Equivalent
Skills Assessment Authority: ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Specialization: Usability Architect
Candidates for ICT Support and Test Engineers cannot apply for Skilled Nominated 190 visa or Skilled Regional Nominated 489 visa as it isn’t listed on the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List(MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). Hence you cannot apply under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) program for an Australian Visa.
You may consider alternative routes of travel to Australia given that currently there are no pathways for this very occupation under Australian skilled visas. If you are under 31, it is likely for you to get a Working Holiday Visa to Australia that allows you to work, live in Australia for 2 years.
If your partner/ spouse has experience or is employed in one of the applications that is listed on MLTSSL or STSOL, you may consider them as your main applicant.
Unit Group: 2632 ICT Support and Test Engineers
Occupations in this Category
1. 263211 ICT Quality Assurance Engineer
2. 263212 ICT Support Engineer
3. 263213 ICT Systems Test Engineer
4. 263299 ICT Support and Test Engineers (NEC)
Most of the occupations in this unit group have a skill level that is commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. A formal qualification may be substituted for at least five years of relevant experience and/or vendor certification. In some cases, in addition to the formal qualification, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
What do ICT Support and Test Engineers do?
Analyze and detect problems relating to internet connectivity, email and security networks, installation, repair, configuration and hardware issues. They offer feedback to customers and clients with user guidance, knowledge of best practices and technical assistance and applications protocols for optimum efficiency and protection.
1. Developing and performing quality audit inspections and evaluating and reviewing processes, data and documents
2. Identifying patterns and possibly high-risk areas to ensure conformity with standards and procedures
3. Recommend corrective action measures and strengthen the settlement of non-compliance with requirements found by tracking and auditing processes and procedures
4. Communication, education and liaison with consumers and management to ensure awareness and conformity to guidelines, protocols and quality control concerns and activities
5. Developing, conducting and delivering professional advice and instruction in application software and operating procedures
6. Analyzing, assessing and diagnosing technological difficulties and concerns such as implementation, servicing, repair, update and configuration and troubleshooting desktops, software, hardware, printers, Internet, email, databases, operating systems and protection systems
7. Testing, identifying and diagnosing system malfunctions and programming code under defined testing procedures, guidelines and quality requirements to ensure that systems perform requirements
8. Performing evaluations and analyses of corporate infrastructure design and proposing existing and prospective hardware and technological solutions and guidance;
9. Developing and updating technical documents such as procedural, educational and operating guides and manuals, technical notes and specifications, and maintenance inventory systems
1. IELTS score of minimum 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
2. OET score with a minimum grade B in all sections;
3. TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12, R:13, W:21, S:23 and overall L93);
4. PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
• In some states/territories, Australian Graduate exceptions exist.
• Priority Skilled Lists can apply a specific requirement in some states/territories.
• Countries excluded from submitting IELTS or OET shall include the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; the United States; and Ireland.
Where compulsory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English that is either adequate to satisfy the licensing/registration criteria or a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.
• Business Process Re-engineering
• Computer Audit
• ICT Security
• Operating systems – (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
• Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
• Risk Management
• Software Engineering
• Software validation – (Software Testing)
• Testing strategies and methods
• Computer forensics
• Computer Science
• Data communications – (WAN, LAN)
• Database design
• Database implementation
• Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database)
• Digital communication
• Information security – (Data security)
• Internet forensics
• Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
• Introduction to Information Systems
• Network architecture
• Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
• Software architecture
Get connected with us