CDR Australia Migration

How to migrate to Australia as a Civil engineer?

How to migrate to Australia as a Civil engineer?

The Australian Government considers Civil Engineer as one of the necessary occupations to rebuild the Australian economy. As a result, the processing of Civil Engineer nomination and visa application would be given first priority. In other words, if you are a Civil Engineer who wants to migrate to Australia and improve your skills there, don’t wait any longer because it is the best time to start planning.

Australian Visa Options for Qualified Civil Engineers.

Civil Engineers can apply for a variety of visas to work and/or get permanent residency in Australia, such as:

  • 482 Temporary Skill Shortage .
  • 186 Employer Nomination Scheme Visa.
  • 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa.
  • 407 Training Visa.
  • 485 Temporary Graduate.
  • 189 Skilled Independent Visa.
  • 190 Skilled Nominated Visa.
  • 491 Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa.

Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa and subclass 491 Skilled Regional (provisional) visa

Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa and subclass 491 Skilled Regional (provisional) visa are the most practical options for Civil Engineers in the General Skilled Migration program. The typical procedure is as follows:

  1. Seeking professional migration advice on your eligibility for an Australian visa and the action plan.
  2. Get a good English test result to support your visa application.
  3. Acquire a positive Skills Assessment outcome for nominated occupation.
  4. Submit Expression of Interest through SkillSelect.
  5. Obtaining a State Nomination through a Registration of Interest (ROI) and a well-written state nomination application.
  6. Once your state nomination has been approved, you must submit your visa application within 60 days.

Civil engineer skill assessment (ANZSCO code: 233211)

In order to apply for a permanent residency visa or provisional skilled visas through a general skilled migration program, you are required to obtain a skills assessment as a Civil Engineer, ANZSCO-233211. For civil engineers, skills assessment can be organized through Engineers Australia (EA).

Civil engineers’ main duty is to design, plan, organize and oversees the construction of civil engineering projects and infrastructure projects. Civil engineering involves Math, Materials, Mechanics and Physics but it’s also about teamwork and creative problem-solving to solve unique engineering challenges.

There are 6 different assessment pathways for Australia Skills migration:

migration pathway

Accredited Qualifications

  1. Australian Qualification Pathway
  2. Washington Accord Pathway
  3. Sydney Accord Pathway
  4. Dublin Accord Pathway
  5. Other Recognised Qualifications

Non-Accredited Qualifications

  1. Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) Pathway

The exact assessment pathway depends on the country in which your engineering qualification is obtained. If your qualification is not accredited or comes from a country that is not on the Accord list, don’t worry; you may be able to apply for a Skills Assessment through the Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) Pathway, though this path will require more work and time to prepare for your assessment application.

Engineers Australia requires a variety of supporting document, however the following are some of the most common  documents to submit for a skills assessment:

  • Passport-type Photograph
  • A primary identification document (e.g., a passport or a birth certificate) is required.
  • Name Change Document (if you ever have been known by or used any other name(s).
  • CV/Résumé.
  • Engineers Australia recognizes General or Academic version IELTS test results, TOEFL iBT & PTE Academic Test results as evidence of English Language Competency. If you are an Australian engineering graduate or have certified qualifications from signatory countries where English is the official language, you are usually free. Kindly see MSA Booklet for further information.
  • Education Qualifications (including academic transcript, completion letter for Australian / International qualifications).
  • Proof of Registration (if registration or licensing is mandatory in the country you are currently practicing).

EA will send you an Assessment Outcome Letter after your skills assessment is completed. If the result is positive, you can submit your SkillSelect (EOI) and begin the necessary processes to be considered for State Nomination.

Why choose CDR Australia Migration?

CDRAustraliaMigration provides CDR report for engineers wanting to migrate to Australia. Career episodes, Summary Statements, CV writing and reviewing, CDP writing services from our professional experts.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Scroll to Top