Engineers Australia Classified Occupational Category for Engineers
Engineers Australia is the official assessing body for Engineers. The occupational category are classified under the engineering professions as directed by the EA authority. Certain requirements need to be fulfilled under each occupational category. The occupational categories are divided into three parts.
1. Professional Engineer
2. Engineering Technologist
3. Engineering Associate
Also, there has been an additional category listed by Engineers Australia for migration.
Brief introduction to the Engineers Australia Classified Occupational Category
The educational qualification for Professional Engineer is four years of Australian Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field at a recognized University. They also have to complete a total of twelve years of schooling or education that is equivalent to it.
Professional Engineers are responsible for handling engineering projects that include proper functioning of all the components, systems, modern technologies, etc. They help understand the client requirements, stakeholder needs, and overall society as a whole to optimize the positive, economic outcomes. Interpreting various technological possibilities to society, business, etc. to ensure cost, risks are properly managed to get the desired outcome.
Some functions of professional engineers include:
1. Focuses on overall systems of an organization
2. A systematic approach to the conduct and manage engineering projects
3. Use of systems engineering for the synthesis and design processes
4. Provide standard engineering methods to solve complex engineering problems
5. Reflect leadership & management skills in the outcome of the projects.
The educational qualification for Engineering Technologist is three years of Australian Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field at a recognized University. They also have to complete a total of twelve years of schooling or education that is equivalent to it.
Engineering Technologist is responsible for taking up engineering projects, services, function, within a technological domain for specific interaction with the overall system. They have a proper understanding of the standards and codes of practice. They have to ensure that all the technological products are based on theory and principles.
Functions of an Engineering Technologist:
1. It focuses on how systems interact with each other
2. Established standard engineering methods, techniques, etc. within the technology domain
3. Helps to advance engineering technology
The educational qualification for Engineering Associate is two years of Australian Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field at a recognized University. They also have to complete a total of twelve years of schooling or education that is equivalent to it.
They help develop high expertise in design and development processes. They make the use of advanced software and perform detailed design of structures, mechanical components and systems. Some of the functions are:
1. It focuses on specific components of the system
2. Applies codes and establishes practices and procedures
3. Provides technical support to construction managers
4. Involves in research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation, distribution systems and installations.
5. Estimate resources to be used and inspect the site for maintenance
The educational qualification for Engineering Manager is a Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field at a recognized University. They also have to complete a total of twelve years of schooling or education that is equivalent to it.
Some of their functions include:
1. They help to formulate various plans, strategies, policies
2. They review engineering operations to operate the organization smoothly
3. Ensures standards of quality, cost, safety.
4. Oversees maintenance requirements to optimize efficiency
Criteria for Engineering Manager
1. Five years of experience as an engineering professional
2. Two years of experience of successfully operating at the Engineering Manager level.
3. Persons reporting to them who are at the managerial level
Why choose CDR Australia Migration?
CDR Australia offer 100% quality CDR report. With teams of experts of more than three years of experience we guide you through your cdr report preparation journey till you get a positive response from the Engineers Australia.
GET A FREE QUOTE