Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa Australia
The Subclass 189 Skilled Independent Visa allows skilled individuals to permanently immigrate to Australia.
Subclass 189 visa can:
- 1. Apply from within or outside of Australia.
- 2. Work and study anywhere in Australia.
- 3. Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- 4. Apply for Australian Citizenship (If eligible).
The Benefits of Obtaining a Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189.
The Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 offers a variety of excellent benefits to those who want to move permanently to Australia to start a new life. Unlike other visas that force new residents to relocate to the state or territory that sponsored them, the 189 Visa allows you to live, work, and study wherever you want in Australia.
You can also sponsor family members to join you, get free schooling for your children, and get house loans, Medicare, and Centrelink social security benefits. While many visas require you to have a job offer, the Skilled Migration 189 Visa allows you to legally migrate to Australia based only on your talents and ability to satisfy the required points threshold.
points-test permanent visa
1. The Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa is a permanent visa for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an Australian company, family member, or state or territory.
- 2. Applicants for a Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189) must score at least 65 points on the point assessment.
- 3. You must submit an expression of interest (EOI) and be invited by SkillSelect to apply for this visa.
- 4. You have 60 days to submit your application after obtaining an invitation to apply for this visa.
- 5. The visa holder and accompanying family members can live, work and study in Australia as permanent residents once the 189 Visa (Skilled Independent) Visa is issued.
Applying for a 189 Visa
Applicants for a 189 Skilled Independent Visa must meet the following requirements:
- 1. Have an occupation on the list of appropriate professional occupations
- 2. Successfully complete a skill assessment for the relevant occupation.
- 3. Have at least competent English.
- 4. Score at least 65 points. Calculate your points.
- 5. Be invited to apply.
189 Visa Eligibility
If you match the following criteria, you may be eligible for a 189 Skilled Independent Visa:
1. Occupations and skills
Your occupation must be listed on the appropriate list of skilled professions.
To demonstrate that you have the abilities and qualifications to operate in your chosen occupation, you must complete a successful skill assessment with an authorized assessing body.
2. Point teste and invitation
- 1. To apply for this visa, you must first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- 2. To be invited to apply, you must achieve at least 65 points; however, invitations are frequently provided to applicants who score more than 65 points.
- 3. The most recent round of invitations details the point scores that received invitations. Some occupations require more than 65 points in order to be considered.
- 4. When you are invited to apply for a visa, you must meet the points score eligibility.
- Calculate your points.
You must demonstrate at least basic English; however, proficient and advanced English scores will earn you additional marks. An Online English Academy can help you improve your English skills.
You must be under 45 years old when you receive an invitation to apply.
5. Health and Character
- 1. You must be in good physical and mental health, as well as have a decent moral character.
- 2. You may be able to apply for the New Zealand Stream 189 Visa instead if you are a New Zealand citizen.
Include your family member
Applicants for a 189 visa may be eligible to include the following family members in their application.
- 1. Dependent children/step-children
- 2. Partner’s dependent child or children
- 3. Partner
Include your family
- 1. The relationship is genuine and continuing.
- 2. When the application is submitted, your partner must be at least 18 years old (there are some exceptions).
- 3. You are not related by family (if you are in a de facto relationship)
- 4. You and your partner have agreed to prefer living a shared life, and
- 5. You either live together or do not live apart on a long-term basis.
A child must meet the following criteria to be included or added to a 189 visa:
- 1. It could be your child or a stepchild from a previous or present relationship (in certain circumstances);
- 2. Child must not be married, engaged to be married, or have a de facto partner; and must be at least 18 years old:
- 3. Over the age of 18 but not yet 23, and financially dependent on you or your partner.
- 4. Over 23 years of age and unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations and be dependent on you or your partner.
- 5. Dependent kid of one of the children listed in 1, 2, or 3 above.
Over the age of 18, applicants must demonstrate proficient English. If you do the following, you can demonstrate Practical English without taking an English test:
- 1. A valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, or the Republic of Ireland is required.
- 2. A valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, or the Republic of Ireland is required.
- 3. Have completed at least five years of secondary school in an Australian or international institution where all instruction was given in English.
- 4. Have completed at least one year of full-time or comparable part-time study in an Australian institution towards a degree, higher degree, diploma, or associate diploma, with all instructions in English.
- 5. Have completed a degree, higher degree, diploma, or trade certificate that requires at least two years of full-time study or training at an Australian or international institution, with all instructions in English.
Why choose CDR Australia Migration?
CDRAustraliaMigration provides CDR report for engineers wanting to migrate to Australia. Career episodes, Summary Statements, CV writing and reviewing, CDP writing services from our professional experts.
GET A FREE QUOTE