Chartership is a professional recognition for such talented, creative and innovative engineers. Being a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) demonstrates their commitment, experience, and abilities, as well as their industry knowledge. Engineers Australia, the most dynamic and professional community of engineers in Australia, allows its members to earn the title of a Chartered Engineer hence opening innumerable doors of opportunities for them through this internationally recognised qualification
The Chartered Pathway
An applicant must go through a 6-step process to be recognized as a Chartered Engineer by Engineers Australia.. Log on to Engineers Australia and proceed as per the steps given below:
- Industry Review
- Enroll for Chartered
- Chartered Evidence
- Professional Interview
- Chartered Status
STEP 1: Self-Assessment
- Choose an occupational category.
- Choose the field of practice in which you want to be chartered. Choose the one that is most relevant to your area of expertise.
- For each of the 16 competencies, enter your Level of Ability. Either Functional or Above would be the level.
STEP 2: Industry Review
- Get an honest opinion from an experienced manager or mentor about whether you are ready to be chartered.
- For submitting your industry review, you need a reviewer that will support the ratings given by you to each of the 16 competencies [in Step 1].
- You can also select multiple reviewers.
- Explain briefly why you have assigned yourself a particular ranking, what proof you will send later, and why you believe the evidence will be useful. At the time of application, the evidence may not be older than ten years.
- The “Apply for Chartered” option will appear on your Industry Review profile after you have been scored Functional/Above in each of the 16 competencies.
- You are now eligible to enroll.
STEP 3: Enroll for Chartered
- You will need soft copies of your Photo ID and a latest detailed CV. You will also need a Credit Card for making the payment.
- You must be a Member of Engineers Australia for enrollment.
- You must also have at least 5 years of post-graduate industry experience.
- Confirm the scope of your practice, upload documents, and review and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Make the payment. You will get a confirmation email.
- After an Assessor has reviewed your submission, you will be contacted directly – by phone – to discuss with you the documentary evidence.
STEP 4: Chartered Evidence
- Show the work you have done.
- An assessor will contact you by phone to review the facts you have proposed to submit. You may use the phone call to get answers to any questions you might have about the process.
- Bring the proof list you’ve planned to send with you.
- The assessor will go over the facts with you and can give suggestions.
- An email will be sent for uploading the evidence
STEP 5: Professional Interview
- Before you attend the interview, Please read the Code of Ethics on the Engineers Australia website
- The interview will be conducted in person or via Skype.
STEP 6: Chartered
- After the interview, the applicant will receive an email with the results, which will include the candidate’s Chartered Award and Areas of Practice. After some time, the Engineers Australia will also provide a certificate regarding their achievement of the Chartered Status.
Current Chartered Areas of Practice
- Aerospace Engineering
- Amusement Rides and Devices Engineering
- Asset Management
- Biomedical Engineering
- Building Services Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Cost Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- safety engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Heritage and Conservation Engineering
- Telecommunications and Electronics Engineering (ITEE)
- Leadership and Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Naval Architecture
- Oil and Gas Pipeline Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Pressure Equipment Design Verification
- Project Management
- Risk Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Subsea Engineering
- Systems Engineering
Why choose CDR Australia Migration?
CDR Australia Migration provides CDR report for engineers wanting to migrate to Australia. Career episodes, Summary Statements, CV writing and reviewing, CDP writing services from our professional experts.