One of the most critical steps in writing a good CDR is writing a career episode (Competency Demonstration Report). Through the Career Episodes, an engineer will demonstrate that he or she possesses the competencies needed by Engineers Australia for a skilled migration visa.
To write a Career Episode report, one has to choose a particular incident or theme related to his or her academic and career life and elaborate on how the engineer used specific competencies to handle that particular project.
Tips Before You Get Down to Career Episode Report Writing
As per our CDR expert for Civil Engineering, if the following 4 points are kept in mind before writing the career episode report.
- Writing a Career Episode Report is as much an ART as it is Science. While EA gauges on your engineering ability through career episodes but it also cautions you not to include too many technicalities. Therefore how many technicalities to include is an art.
- Career Episode Report is all about YOU! EA expects to read what YOU did rather than what the TEAM did. Therefore ensure that your contribution is coming out straight on the paper.
- Each Career Episode is addressing one Competency Unit and its subsequent elements. Competency units differ basis on the occupational category you are applying to–
- Professional Engineer
- Engineering Technologist
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Manager
- Take time to proofread your career episode. The best way to go about it is to take a pause and then go back to review it. By this, you will maintain neutrality which will help you have the best output.
If you are stuck with Career Episode Report Writing, do fill in the form on the side and our team will get in touch with you. With the experience of writing more than 200 Career Episodes to date (and a 100% Success Rate), we are a safe and trusted bet. Engineers Australia most probably asks engineers to write their CDR Report on their own to demonstrate their communication skills to the assessor. But, if you present a poorly written CDR to the EA, you will be getting your CDR report rejected by Engineers Australia instantly.
Things to Include in Career Episode for Engineers Australia
CDR for Australian Immigration has a specified format. It includes:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD): This is basically a list of what you have done to keep yourself updated about your field after completing your engineering graduation.
- Three Career Episodes (CE): These are three report that you write to show your growth as an engineer. The essays are long (1000 to 2500 words is the recommended length), have to be written in the first person, and may talk about a specific period or a distinct aspect of your engineering experience. All the three CE essays have to be drawn from different periods of your engineering work or showcase different aspects of your experience as an engineer. Do not forget to use Australian English while writing a CDR report.
- Summary Statement: You mention on the last page of your CDR how the Career Episodes you wrote relate to the competencies EA is searching for – and which paragraphs in which Career Episodes relate to which competency elements in the desired profile.
Why choose CDR Australia Migration?
CDRAustraliaMigration provides CDR reports for engineers wanting to migrate to Australia. Career episodes, Summary Statements, CV writing and reviewing, CPD writing services from our professional experts.