RPL Sample for ICT Business Analysts
ICT Business Analysts work with clients to detail the specifications of the framework, develop framework plans and documents, survey and review current frameworks, and prepare and adjust frameworks to meet the business needs of clients.
ACS RPL Report Sample for ICT Business Analyst comprises mainly two parts.
1. The Key Areas of Knowledge
2. Project Report Forms
Key Areas of Knowledge
In this section you must clearly explain your experience and qualification to meet the selected areas of knowledge and how you’ve acquired the knowledge. You can also view the ACS Core Body of Knowledge for ICT Professionals (CBOK) for information.
You need to select one topic each from the Essential Core ICT knowledge and one from General ICT knowledge. Atleast two subtopics must be chosen from above main topics.
|I) Essential Core ICT Knowledge||II) General ICT Knowledge|
|Topic 1. ICT Professional Knowledge||Topic 3. Technology Resources|
|Sub Topics: |
b. Professional Expectations
c. Teamwork Concepts and Issues
e. Societal Issues
a. Hardware and Software Fundamentals
b. Data and Information Management
c. Data Communications and Networking
|Topic 2. ICT Problem Solving||Topic 4. Technology Building|
|Sub Topics: |
a. Modelling Methods
b. Processes to understand problems
c. Methods and tools for handling abstraction
a. Human Factors
c. Information Systems Development and Acquisition
|Topic 5. ICT Management|
a. IT Governance and Organizational Issues
b. IT Project Management
c. ICT Service Management
d. Security Management
A project report is a clear written summary of a project or dedication that allows you the chance to explain how you function as an ICT specialist.
Each report is linked to a major project or job episode that you have undertaken during your professional ICT career.
ACS RPL Report Sample for ICT Business Analyst – 1
Project name : “Inventory Management System”
In the first phase of the RPL Project Report, we have described the project of the applicant while he/she was working on “Inventory Management System”. The roles and responsibilities that the applicant have to follow and perform respectively during the course of this project were:
1. To define, apply appropriate analysis and examination to evaluate market processes, processes and quality of tasks
2. Analysis of data using various applications such as NPAMS, PICS, GDD and collaboration with subcontractors and site-related problems for workforce resolution
3. To carry out research on the essence of problems and suggest possible solutions by presenting feedback with a preliminary plan
4. By identifying project goals, gathering facts, diagnosing issues and recommending proper improvement of the system, to create an efficient business model
5. To conduct feasibility studies to gather various metrics for performance, such as cost estimation, advantages, resource requirements and basic user needs.
6. CCU workbooks, pair gain system details, fiber SLD, and power diagrams to check input values for design drawing to find out different areas of enhancement.
7. To run the regression test, the automation test and the efficiency test of the application to apply proper calibration to the instruments
8. To build adequate documentation for its staff and application developers prior to the transfer of the application/system
ACS RPL Report Sample for ICT Business Analyst – 2
Project Name: “Advanced Restaurant Management System”
In the second phase of the RPL Project Report, we had described the project of the applicant while he/she was working on “Advanced Restaurant Management System”. The roles and responsibilities that the applicants had to follow and perform respectively during the course of this project were:
1. Working with users to formulate and document business demands
2. To evaluate project specifications and source data, and to establish and follow methods
3. Optimization of existing instruments and amp processes to stimulate and follow up
4. Coordinating with the owner of the project to determine project specifications, scheduling, budget and estimate.
5. To communicate with customers and to promote constructive and timely solutions to the problems arising
6. Organization of training programs to develop team and self-skills to organize the internal quality management process
7. Consultation with various departments such as vendors and managers to create project plans and control project cost capital
8. Usage of data processing and modeling techniques to build consistent system requirements for system software design and development